Thursday, January 12, 2012

Gone by Michael Grant

Summary: (from back of book). In the blink of an eye everyone disappears. Everyone except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not a single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Gone, too, are the phones, internet and television. There is no way to get help. Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents- unimaginable, dangerous deadly powers- that grow stronger by the day. It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen and war is imminent. The first in a breathtaking saga about teens battling each other and their darkest selves, Gone is a page turning thriller that will make you look at the world in a whole new way.
Review: I have had my eye on this book for a while and I am glad that I finally got a chance to read it because I really enjoyed it. I thought the premise was really interesting and played out well. I liked that the author immediately dived in to action and mystery and didn't let up until the end. There were many plot twists and turns that kept the story exciting. There were lot of questions left unanswered and I am looking forward to exploring them more in the rest of the series.  The character were really well written and I liked Sam as a main character. They seemed honest and believable and it had me rooting for them the entire time. I thought the plot line involving the coyotes was kind of annoying and I didn't really see why that had to be included. The only real problem I had though, was how the way some of these kids behaved. I mean they are 14 year old kids not terrorists. Other than that though, I this was a good start to a new series and I look forward to seeing what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment