Monday, January 10, 2011

Entice by Carrie Jones

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary:(from book jacket). Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever. But that's not how things have worked out. For starters, well, Nick is gone. He's been taken to some mythic place for warriors called Valhalla, where Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. It's not going to be easy. Meanwhile, Bedford needs its warriors more than ever, since a group of evil pixies is devastating the place, with teens going missing every day. An all out war seems imminent. But even if Zara and her friends can find the way to Valhalla, there's the other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to leave with her? Especially considering she hasn't turned into just any pixie... She's Astley's queen.
Review: I thought this book was just OK. I like this series and was really excited to read this at the end of Captivate, but it just fell short for me. First of all, I thought the pixies kidnapping all the boys throughout town wasn't a big enough part of the story. Throughout most of the book the focus was rescuing Nick. Which isn't a bad thing, but the other two books dealt a lot  with protecting the innocent people in the town from the evil pixes. I felt like this book didn't have enough of that and it made it not really fit with the rest of the series. I guess I should have expected it after the way things ended in the last book I didn't. My only other problem was the fact that the plot seemed a little bit repetitive in some parts. I don't want to give anything away but it got a little old.
Despite that though, there were things I did like. I enjoyed Zara dealing with her new found status as a pixie queen and what that really means. She also had to deal with regaining the trust of those around her and proving that she is still the same person on the inside. Zara's struggle with becoming pixie was probably one of my favorite elements of the story.
 I also really like all of the characters in the book. Zara is so awesome. She seems like someone I would want to spend time with(apart from her being a pixie). All of Zara's friends are also really great and entertaining. I liked Astley a lot more than I expected, he is really sweet. And of course I already loved Nick. I have heard a little bit about teams for these two guys forming among fans but to me it seems like Zara has already chosen. Honestly though, after reading this book I can't say how I really feel about that.
Anyway I really like this series this book just wasn't my favorite. I am really excited to find out what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment