Thursday, September 30, 2010

Taken by Storm by Angela Morrison

Summary:(from back of book) Sometimes only love can save you. Leesie thinks she has her whole life planned out:to get into the school of her dreams, write her poems,meet the perfect guy and settle down. Then she meets Michael- a boy whose parents were killed in a diving accident during a terrible storm. Michael is drowning in tragedy. And all Leesie wants is to save him. With each day her heart hurts more, Could it be, perfect Leesie is falling from grace? or is she just falling in love?
Review: I really enjoyed this book. I picked this one up because I had absolutely loved Sing Me to Sleep and thought that I should give it a try. I have to say I'm glad I did. This book alternates points of view between Michael and Leesie. I think that because of that the reader wasn't forced to take sides in the relationship because readers are able to know what each character is thinking and feeling and it made their relationship a lot less one sided.
  I also like the unique way that each character tells their story. All of Michael's chapters begin with an entry in  his dive log and a lot of Leesie's story is told through her poems. I liked the fact that both of these characters had extremely different views on the meaning of love and being in a relationship and yet they were still in love and tried hard to make their relationship last. I thought the ending was good and I'll be interested to see where their relationship can go from there.
  I really enjoyed both characters. I liked Leesie's strength and determination to help Michael in his time of sadness. Michael was also a really great character. I felt bad for him throughout most of the book. He went through a lot of changes during the course of the book and I really liked the ways his character developed.
 My only problem with that the plot kind of dragged and some parts of it were kind of predictable. Overall, though I liked this book and will be interested to see where their relationship goes in the sequel. I reccomend this book to anyone who is looking for a sweet romantic read and i should also mention that you won't be dissapointed in Sing Me to Sleep either.

No comments:

Post a Comment