Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

Summary: ( from book jacket) Morgan Sparks and Cam Browne are a match made in heaven. They've been best friends since birth, they tell each other everything, and oh yeah- they're totally hot for each other. But a week before their joint sweet sixteen bash,everything changes. Cam's awkward cousin Pip comes to stay, and Cam starts acting distant. Morgan is stunned when her formerly perfect boyfriend seems to be drifting away. When Morgan demands answers, she's shocked to discover the reason for Cam's distance. It isn't another girl-it's another world. Pip claims that Cam is a fairy. No, seriously. A fairy. And now his people want Cam to return to their world and take his rightful place as Fairy King. Determined to keep Cam with her, Morgan plots to fool the fairies. But as Cam continues to change, she has to decide once and for all if he really is her destiny, and if their "perfect" love can weather an uncertain future.
 Review  I liked this book. It was a sweet light fantasy read that I didn't put down from start to finish. It was a new and interesting take on fairies that I really enjoyed. I just wish there had been more information about the Otherworld and what goes on there. There is a little bit of information given but not enough for me to really imagine what that world is like.
I enjoyed the characters in this book. Morgan and Cam's relationship was really cute and sweet. I liked the fact that they had been friends their entire lives and then started dating. Morgan did come across as a little bit spoiled at the beginning of the book but she is a changed person by the end. I also really liked Pip. He is new to town and doesn't really know how to fit in with the crowd. He is also one of the most unselfish and self sacrificing characters I had ever met. He would do whatever he could to help Morgan solve her problems and that made me really like him. He was a refreshing change from most high school characters.
  One thing I didn't like though was that the story was a little bit anti climatic. The entire climax of the story that all the characters had spent the entire book trying to resolve happened in two or three pages. It was a little bit of a disappointment. Other than that I did enjoy this book and anyone who loves fairy stories will probably enjoy this one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment