Friday, September 13, 2013

Sever by Lauren Destefano

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.

Summary: (from goodreads) With the clock ticking until the virus takes its toll, Rhine is desperate for answers. After enduring Vaughn’s worst, Rhine finds an unlikely ally in his brother, an eccentric inventor named Reed. She takes refuge in his dilapidated house, though the people she left behind refuse to stay in the past. While Gabriel haunts Rhine’s memories, Cecily is determined to be at Rhine’s side, even if Linden’s feelings are still caught between them.Meanwhile, Rowan’s growing involvement in an underground resistance compels Rhine to reach him before he does something that cannot be undone. But what she discovers along the way has alarming implications for her future—and about the past her parents never had the chance to explain.
Review: This is the third and final book in this trilogy and it was by far my favorite. I liked all of the characters a lot more in this book than I did in the previous two. Linden was the one that especially grew on me. I didn't really like him earlier on in the series but I understood him so much more as his character grew. Reed was another character that I liked a lot. There were certain points where I wanted to slap him but overall, he was a good addition to the story. There were a few really surprising plot twists that kept the story interesting. My only problem with this book is that I feel like the world was not explored enough. A lot of information about how things were and what was being done to fix it was kind of skimmed over.  I liked the way the book ended but I wanted to know about what was being done to try and find a cure. I wish the ending hadn't felt so rushed. This is a good dystopian series and i am excited to see what Destefano has in store for us next.

No comments:

Post a Comment