Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Kill Order by James Dashner

Summary:(from goodreads) The prequel to the New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series.Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares hit the earth and mankind fell to disease.Mark and Trina were there when it happened, and they survived. But surviving the sun flares was easy compared to what came next. Now a disease of rage and lunacy races across the eastern United States, and there’s something suspicious about its origin. Worse yet, it’s mutating, and all evidence suggests that it will bring humanity to its knees.Mark and Trina are convinced there’s a way to save those left living from descending into madness. And they’re determined to find it—if they can stay alive. Because in this new, devastated world, every life has a price. And to some, you’re worth more dead than alive.
Review: This is the prequel to the Maze Runner series and I thought it was a pretty good read. It was fast paced and there was a lot of action. This book is set during the time of the flares and goes into a lot more detail of how things happened than the original trilogy does. Just when you think things can't get any worse for the characters it does. My only problem with this book was that I didn't like the way the book ended. I wish there had been a little bit more closure on this story, even though I sort of know where these characters are going to end up. Also, Mark wasn't my favorite character. I liked him but I thought Alec and Trina were more interesting. I would recommend reading the Maze Runner trilogy before you read this because I think it is more enjoyable that way. I am excited to read more books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment