Sunday, January 27, 2013

Until I Die by Amy Plum

Summary:(from goodreads) Kate and Vincent have overcome the odds and at last they are together in Paris, the city of lights and love.As their romance deepens there’s one question they can’t ignore: How are they supposed to be together if Vincent can’t resist sacrificing himself to save others? Although Vincent promises that he’ll do whatever it takes to lead a normal life with Kate, will that mean letting innocent people die? When a new and surprising enemy reveals itself, Kate realizes that even more may be at stake—and that Vincent’s immortality is in jeopardy.In Die for Me, Amy Plum created a captivating paranormal mythology with immortal revenants and a lush Paris setting. Until I Die is poised to thrill readers with more heart-pounding suspense, spellbinding romance, and a cliff-hanger ending that will leave them desperate for the third and final novel in the series. 
Review: This is the second book in the Revenants series and I thought it was a pretty good read. It was a little bit slow at first and took a while for things to pick up. Once you get into the second half of the book things start to pick up a little bit. I was very surprised by the way things ended. There was a huge plot twist that I did not see coming at all. The ending was a big cliffhanger that made me really excited for the next book and made up for the slow first half. I am anxious to see how things end up for the characters in the next book. I like this cast of characters but I don't really have that much of a connection with Kate and Vincent. I did like the fact that their relationship seems authentic rather than just clingy and annoying. I hope that we get to see even more of all the characters in the next book. If you were a fan of the first book I definitely recommend continuing with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment