Friday, June 8, 2012

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary:(from book jacket) Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnameable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keeper's magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.
Review: This is the third and final book in the Nightshade trilogy and I think it was a really great conclusion to the series. Even though this book is four hundred pages it never felt slow or boring. The plot was very well paced and was very action packed. A lot happened over the course of this book and all the loose ends were wrapped up nicely. I have to applaud Andrea Cremer because she did something that most authors wouldn't dare to do. I can't say anything else because it is a major spoiler, but I was pleasantly surprised by the plot twists. My only problem was the way things were left at the end. It seemed just a little bit unnecessary to end things that way. I also love all the characters. Calla is a great main character and I loved her many friends that played a role in this book. Shay and Ren are both awesome and I think they are both really strong and loving characters. Finishing this book made me really excited to read Rift which is the first book in the prequel series.

No comments:

Post a Comment