Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

Summary:(from book jacket) Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, a lost her beloved brother in the process. Desperate to find Jude, grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the to grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger- in more ways than one. Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside her- not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.
Review: I liked this book more than I thought I would. The plot was well paced and entertaining This book picks up ten months after the last one ended. The climax was well played out and the cliffhanger ending made me really excited to read the sequel. I thought Grace was kind of annoying for most of the book. She kept insisting on doing stupid things and then was mad when no one would trust her. I didn't really think any of the characters were all that great. They were OK, but I didn't really feel a connection to any of them. I thought the werewolf mythology behind this story was interesting and somewhat unique. This book definitely explained more about the werewolf history than the last one and I thought it added a lot to the story. Anyone who likes werewolf stories should start with this series. It is one i have been pleasently surprised by.

No comments:

Post a Comment