Thursday, October 13, 2011

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Summary:(from back of book) When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she ahrdly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder commited by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons- and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meetinf with gorgeous, golden haired Jace. Within twenty four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...
Review: This is another series that I started pretty late and all I can say is i'm sorry I didn't pick this one up sooner. Although a lot of this book was build up, since this was the start of the sereis, I was never bored. The plot was very action packed and there were constantly surprising twists being thrown in. I don't remeber the last time I was surprised this much in a book like this. I like the fact that this book is action packed yet very character driven at the same time. All of the characters were very well developed and getting to know them all was really fun. despite all the action a larger portion of the story was based on conflict between different characters and the emotions involved as everyone was forced to come to terms with their past ans move on. I really Clary and Jace. Some of the scenes between them were sweet and other times they made me laugh. I really felt bad for Hodge and Alec, for different reasons but they both are in unfair situations. I am really excited to find out that happens next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment