Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Summary: (from back of book) A prodigal son. A dangerous love. A deadly secret. Grace Divine- daughter of a local pastor- always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood. Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother. As grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the one she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.
Review: When I first started reading this book I didn't have very high hopes. I found some parts to be pretty predictable in the beginning. I thought Daniel's big secret was kind of obvious but it played out well enough. However, there were a few plot twists that took me by surprise and made the story that much more interesting. I did like the fact that Grace and Daniel were childhood friends instead of meeting accidentally wjile she is all alone at a new school.   I was really annoyed by the way it ended. It seems like it made everything else that the characters had worked for obsolete and pointless. I wish the story had taken a different direction. It would have made the characters journey more worth it. I thought the characters seemed average. Grace, Daniel and Jude were nothing special. I thought a lot of their personality traits were pretty stereotypical. I liked them all but they aren't characters I really loved. I am interested to see where the sequel goes even though it kind of seems like I know already. Overall, i did like this book and have higher hopes for the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment