Saturday, August 3, 2013

10 things to do Before I Die by Daniel Ehrenhaft

Summary:(from back of book) Looking for a way to kill time in a New York City diner, sixteen year old Ted Burger and his friends write down ten things that Ted's got to accomplish before he. one faraway day,kicks the bucket. but when Ted discovers he actually is dying, the list turns into a beat the clock carpe diem mission. Now ted is about to embark on the wildest ride of his life... where the last thing he'll ever do is rest in peace.
Review: I have really mixed feelings about this book. When I started reading I expected the book to have a much more serious tone than it did. This book takes a much more lighthearted and fun approach to life and death. That wouldn't have really bothered me that much if it hadn't been for how ridiculous the characters reacted to the situation at hand. I honestly hope that no one would really behave that way in those circumstances. However, I think the book did have a good message about living life. I have to admit that as much as the characters annoyed me at times there was a lot of development that happened towards the end of the book. If you want a serious and emotional book about life and death than I suggest that you look elsewhere. But this is a good pick if you want a funny, quick and entertaining read about living life to the fullest that you might enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment