Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

This review may contain spoilers of previous books in the series.
Summary: (from book jacket) When Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemies, she's certain her days are numbered. But then the searchers make her an offer- on that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack-and the man- she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must figure out which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.
 Review: This is the second book in this series and based on where the last one ended I didn't really know what to expect. I have to say I was pretty pleased. The plot was interesting and exciting, there were lots of new characters introduced and lots of information about the history of Keepers, Guardians and Searchers was given which was really interesting. There were a lot of surprising twists that kept me glued to this book until I finished it. This book ended in a place that made me excited to know what happens next, although I think I can see where things are headed. My main problem was that Calla seemed like an entirely different person in this book. In Nightshade she was a strong and determined to fight for what she wanted. However, in this book she was whiny and unsure of herself. I was really annoyed with her during some parts of the book. I also think Shay is enjoying his new roles a little bit too much, but I still like him better than Ren. Overall, I think this book was a really good addition to this series. i think it's one of the better werewolf type stories out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment