Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Matched by Ally Condie

Summary:(from book jacket). In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die. Cassia has always trusted their choices. It's hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears in the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one...until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path no one else has ever dared follow-between perfection and passion.
Review: This book is awesome. I loved the idea of the society and the perfect life it brought but also having to make sacrifices in order to have that life. There were so many things that were really unique about the Society and what it would be like to live there and it made the book really interesting. It kind of reminded me of Hunger Games but at the same time it was so different. There were a lot of things going on and it wasn't only a romantic story, which I liked. I loved all the characters in the book. Cassia is a strong willed and independent character who is determined. Ky is probably my favorite character. He has a little bit of a bad boy vibe even though he's really not. I also really liked Xander though, his determination to help Cassia no matter what made me really like him. He is such a good and loyal friend to Cassia.
  My only problem with it was that the beginning of the book seemed a little slow moving and took me a while to get fully into it. However, once I did get into it I absolutely loved it so it doesn't matter anyway. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a great dystopian book to read.

1 comment:

  1. Hi - sorry to comment this - I couldn't find any contact info. I wanted to see if you'd be interested in reviewing You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin. Please let me know and I can send an arc your way if you don't have one yet!

    ReplyDelete